Welcome to the blog Speaking English. We are providing for you some tips and tricks that will help you to improve your English.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Questions



1- Explain this idiom:
"make ends meet" . Give us an example.

2- Explain the meaning of this proverb:
"Don't bite off more than you can chew."

3- Explain the difference between "remember" and "remind". Give examples.


4- Explain the difference between "much", "many", and "a lot"
. Give examples.

5-
Answer this riddle:
What can you catch but can’t throw?



Be the first to answer most of these questions correctly to be the winner of this week's game.

1 comments:

Sunny said...

1. Make ends meet means when you make your living just enough for your expenses. Earning = expenses

2. Don't bite off more than you can crew means don't do something harder than you can do.
Ex: I really love learning online and when I got too many of them I don't know where to start I really bite more than I can crew.

3. Remember is something you keep in mind, retain in memory and think of.
Ex: I can't remember all my friends' birthdays
-Remind means to cause the person to remember or think of.
Ex: When I see the train it remind me of a friend I used to take the trip together.

4. Much is use for uncountable noun; For example: I don't have much money left in the bank.
- Many is used with countable noun such as : I have many friends on facebook, but most of them are strangers. I have not met them.
- A lot can be used with both C/N;
Example:
a. I have a lot of friends on facebook and they are very nice.
b. He has a lot of money in the bank because he is a millionaire

5. A cold ( Cant catch, but can't throw)

Thanks,
Sansany

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification