Welcome to the blog Speaking English. We are providing for you some tips and tricks that will help you to improve your English.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Questions



1- Explain this idiom:
"black and blue". Give us an example.

2- Explain the meaning of this proverb:
"Let bygones be bygones"

3- Explain the difference between "hard" and "hardly". Give examples.


4- Explain the difference between "I think" and "I'm thinking". Give examples.

5-
Answer this riddle:
The more of them you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?



Be the first to answer most of these questions correctly to be the winner of this week's game.

1 comments:

Sunny said...

1. Black and blue is used when we get accident and the green spot we get is call black and blue.
Example: I fell down from the bed last night and I got black and blue on my knee, what a pain :D
2. Let bygones be bygones is to forget about what happen in the past.
Example: I am sorry to shout at you that day. Let's bygones be bygones and be friends again!
3. Hard and hardly:
- Hard is adjective and explain the procedure of doing something like: I work hard to earn my living or I study hard in order to pass the examination.
Hardly is adverbs of frequency such as: I hardly to call my sister these days, I am too busy.
4. I think and I am thinking:
- I think is used when we want to show opinion about something.
Example: I think the question number 4 is always hard.
- I am thinking is used when we have a plan to do something in the near future.
Example: I am thinking about moving to new apartment by next month.
5. Foot steps.

Thanks

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification